Hello my dear listener,
I am extremely happy to share with you the new episode of English the Smart Way podcast. 🙂
This time we are talking with a very special guest – Jason R. Levine AKA Fluency MC.
From his early DJ-ing career, Jason transitioned into a completely new path – he became an English teacher. A very special one – as you will hear on the interview!
Today, Jason is also a successful teacher trainer, “knowledge entertainer” and creator of the English Workout Method which you will learn more about on the interview.
Jase has also taught English and given workshops in 14 countries over the past 18 years; taught people of all ages and cultures, from children and teenagers to university students and executives of international companies. He is currently doing Rhyme On Time student workshops at schools across Europe.
Jase also coaches and trains NNESTs (Non Native English Speaker Teachers) online and at schools worldwide.
Listen to and enjoy today’s episode with Jase from FluencyMC.com!
In the session you will learn
- How Jase got to teaching English (1:50)
- Why hip-hop and rap music are more suitable for English learning than other melodic music genres (7:20)
- What are the benefits of learning English with the help of songs? (12:43)
- How Jase writes songs for his English students (18:35)
- Why so many people have problems acquiring fluency? (19:30)
- What is a collocation? (23:00)
- What is the difference between studying, practising and using English? (25:58)
- What is Jason’s Weekly English Workout? (35:55)
- Jason’s number one tip for English learners around the world (39:44)
Mentioned in this session
- Fluency MC – The Weekly English Workout Sample (FREE)
- Jason’s YouTube video channel (video)
- Make or Do Grammar Vocabulary Rap Song with Fluency MC (video)
- Stick Stuck Stuck song (video)
You can also listen to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or you can download it to your computer as mp3 file:
- Listen to this episode on iTunes
- Listen to this episode on Stitcher
- Download the episode audio file [mp3]
And don’t forget to tell us what you think about the interview in the comment section below!